10 Books to Help Parents and Kids Living with ADHD
I love books and learning how to make my life better by reading. This process is called ‘bibliotherapy’ and a few years back I wrote a book called, “Teaching Problem Solving Using Children’s Literature.” It teaches teachers how to use popular children’s books in the classroom to teach problem solving skills.
These are 10 great books that may help you in your journey of raising a child with ADHD.
- Raising Boys with ADHD: Secrets to Parenting Healthy, Happy Children by Forgan and Richey
- Parenting Children with ADHD: 10 Lessons That Medicine Cannot Teach by Monastra
- The ADD & ADHD Answer Book: Professional Answers to 275 of the Top Questions Parents Ask by Susan Ashley
- Superparenting for ADD: An Innovative Approach to Raising Your Distracted Child by Hallowell and Jensen
- Taking Charge of ADHD: The Complete, Authoritative Guide for Parents (Revised Edition) by Russell Barkley
- Raising Resilient Children : Fostering Strength, Hope, and Optimism in Your Child by Brooks and Goldstein
- Smart but Scattered: The Revolutionary “Executive Skills” Approach to Helping Kids Reach Their Potential by Dawson and Guare
- Learning To Slow Down & Pay Attention: A Book for Kids About ADHD by Nadeau and Dixon
- Putting on the Brakes: Understanding and Taking Control of Your ADD and ADHD by Quinn and Stern
- Shelley, the Hyperactive Turtle by Moss