Autism Testing for ages 2-16
Dr. Jim Forgan offers autism testing and he is an author of the popular book, Parent’s Quick Start Guide to Autism, published by Routledge Press.
We offer school neuropsychological testing for autism for children ages 30 months through age 16. There is no one definitive test or even a medical test for autism. Instead, a comprehensive battery of tests are used to look at your child’s language, social skills, interests, and behaviors.
We use tests such as:
- The Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS-2), a structured observation of your child’s repetitive behavior, play, communication, and social skills.
- Autism Diagnostic Interview-Revised, where we speak with you about your child’s past and current behaviors related to autism.
- The Autism Spectrum Rating Scale.
- The Social Responsiveness Scale.
- An Adaptive Behavior Rating Scale.
- The NEPSY II subtests recognizing facial feelings and understanding others’ social perceptions.
- Other rating scales regarding your child’s social interactions with family, peers, and others.
- Additional tests may include IQ, memory, motor skills, language.
When you work with us, we start with an in depth parent interview to understand your concerns and discuss your child’s strengths and weaknesses.
Testing is completed in our Jupiter office.
After testing is completed, it is a two week turn around to prepare the full written report and recommendations.
We then meet with you to discuss the results and can recommend the best treatment providers in our area.
You leave with a report you can share (as you see fit) with schools, therapists, insurance and others.
Contact us to discuss your child and autism testing (561) 625 4125.