10 Books to Help Parents and Kids Living with ADHD
I love books and learning how to make my life better by reading. This process is called ‘bibliotherapy’ and a few years back I wrote a book called, “Teaching Problem Solving Using Children’s Literature.” It teaches teachers how to use popular children’s books in the classroom to teach problem solving skills. Most recently I wrote a book for parents about parenting boys with ADHD and it’s the first book listed below. I took my experiences raising my son with ADHD, partnered with another parent that raised a boy with ADHD and our book is helping other parents.
These are 10 great books that may help you in your journey of raising a child with ADHD.
- Raising Boys with ADHD: Secrets to Parenting Healthy, Happy Children by Forgan and Richey
- Parenting Children with ADHD: 10 Lessons That Medicine Cannot Teach by Monastra
- The ADD & ADHD Answer Book: Professional Answers to 275 of the Top Questions Parents Ask by Susan Ashley
- Superparenting for ADD: An Innovative Approach to Raising Your Distracted Child by Hallowell and Jensen
- Taking Charge of ADHD: The Complete, Authoritative Guide for Parents (Revised Edition) by Russell Barkley
- Raising Resilient Children : Fostering Strength, Hope, and Optimism in Your Child by Brooks and Goldstein
- Smart but Scattered: The Revolutionary “Executive Skills” Approach to Helping Kids Reach Their Potential by Dawson and Guare
- Learning To Slow Down & Pay Attention: A Book for Kids About ADHD by Nadeau and Dixon
- Putting on the Brakes: Understanding and Taking Control of Your ADD and ADHD by Quinn and Stern
- Shelley, the Hyperactive Turtle by Moss